How to apply for a residence permit or its extension in Georgia?
To obtain a residence permit one should have 40 days ahead of legal stay in Georgia. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic and related regulations, it is impossible to submit documents in person, but it is possible to apply for a residence permit online. To do so, you need to:
- Prepare all the necessary documents in advance and scan them.The list of required documents is available at - http://psh.gov.ge/main/page/6/507
- Go to the above link and click on “new application”;
- Then follow the instructions;
- Upload your biometric photo. If you do not have one, you can upload your photo 3X4 cm (not to miss the deadline for application, you might be requested to upload a new photo later);
- After submitting the application online, send the hard copies via post to the Public Service Development Agency during 10 days: Tsereteli ave. N67a, 0154, Tbilisi, Georgia;
- During this regime, you are not obliged to translate and notarize the document.
Please keep in mind that the practice of distant services on such a scale are new and the procedures might be complicated for applicants as well as for the administrative authorities. Therefore, after submitting the documents we recommend you to closely monitor the application process.